Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
The 2015 CHALENG Survey
2015 CHALENG survey on Veterans Homelessness is open. Veterans, Community, Partners, VA Staff
Take the survey
Help for Homeless Veterans
Welcome to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Veteran Homelessness Initiative website.
Do your part to
Print wallet cards at home to give to Veterans facing homelessness.
Download the Template »
Learn about Mickiela's experience with homelessness.
Watch the PSA »
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit local VA Medical Center, where homeless coordinators are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
What’s New In the Fight to End Veteran Homelessness
Partnerships help in ending Veteran homelessness | VA Blog Post | June 30, 2015
Building Bridges to Employment to Help Veterans Exit Homelessness | VA Blog Post | June 18, 2015
VA Launches Community-Based Employment Service for Homeless Veterans | VA Press Release | June 10, 2015
All In On Ending Veteran Homelessness: We Stand Together by Secretary Bob McDonald, Secretary Tom Perez, Secretary Julián Castro and Matthew Doherty | June 5, 2015
My "Move" From Homelessness to Business Owner | Huffington Post | June 5, 2015
Leading the Way to End Veteran Homelessness, One Home At a Time | Huffington Post | May 27, 2015
- Listen as Dr. Carma Heitzmann, director of VA’s Homeless Veteran Community Employment Services, is interviewed by National Association of Workforce Boards President/CEO Ron Painter about workforce system partnerships to employ Veterans. | Listen to and share archived version, available now. | May 26, 2015
- First Lady Michelle Obama Highlights New Orleans’ and Other Cities’ Progress in Ending Veteran Homelessness | April 20, 2015
- HUD and VA to Help More Than 9,300 Homeless Veterans Find Permanent Homes | April 20, 2015
- VA Announces New Grants to Help End Veteran Homelessness | March 31, 2015
View Success Stories Video
Explore Key Homeless Veterans Programs and Resources