Introduction to VA 2012 video broadcast on MS and Disease Modifing Therapies
In May 2012, the VA organized a video broadcast where a panel of three experts on Multiple Sclerosis (MS) discuss Disease Modifying Therapies. The experts are:
- Dr. Jodie Haselkorn, Director of the MS Center of Excellence-West and an Epidemiologist in the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Professor in Rehabilitation Medicine, Adjunct Professor in Epidemiology, as well as an Affiliate Professor in Medical History and Ethics at the University of Washington.
- Dr. Dennis Bourdette, Co-Director and Associate Director of Research for the MS Center of Excellence-West, Chairman of the Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) Department of Neurology, and Director of the OHSU MS Center.
- Dr. Christopher Bever, Director of the MS Center of Excellence-East and Associate Chief of Staff for Research and Development at the VA Maryland Health Care System, Professor in the Departments of Neurology, Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, and Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
The experts cover several topics on MS including:
- First and second generation MS disease modifying therapies
- Oral MS disease modifying therapies
- Patients and VA MS experts discuss using MS disease modifying therapies
- Patients and VA MS experts discuss MS disease modifying therapy side effects
- MS emerging and future therapies
- Patients and VA MS experts discuss support systems for patients with MS
- Final thoughts from the VA MS experts and patients with MS
Return to all videos on MS Disease Modifying Therapies - May 2012 update