Office of Business Oversight (OBO)
Internal Controls Service (ICS)
The Internal Controls Service documents and assesses VA’s internal controls framework and provides auditing, testing, and remediation assistance to VA management to: (1) support effective and efficient operations; and (2) assist in improving controls over financial reporting to fulfill VA’s commitment to Veterans.
ICS works year-round to test, analyze, and review on VA’s internal controls over financial reporting. ICS’s results form the basis of VA’s annual statement of assurance regarding effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. Highlights of ICS’s work for VA includes:
- Planning and conducting
- Department-wide reviews of internal controls over financial reporting, in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123, Appendix A, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Working closely with VA process owners to document processes and identify key internal controls over financial reporting
- Testing VA’s internal controls over financial reporting and presenting the results
- Tracking and verifying implementation of effective internal-control remediation actions
- Reporting to VA’s Senior Assessment Team (SAT); reviewing VA processes and controls at the SAT’s direction
Internal Controls Service is located in Austin, Texas. If you have any questions, contact our Online Content POC.