Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Graphic for the Veterans Crisis Line. It reads Veterans Cris Lins 1 800 273 8255 press 1
My healthevet badge

Office of Administration (OA)

Office of Occupational Safety and Health FAQs

Question Answer
How can one go about reporting an unsafe/unhealthful working condition at their facility or medical center? Instructions on how to report these conditions can be found on the VA Safety webpage in a document titled ‘Standard Notification Procedures Fail.’ (
What should I do if I am injured at work? Report the injury to your supervisor immediately and get medical assistance as necessary. Be sure to complete a written report (Form CA-1 or CA-2) and be sure to give it to your supervisor. If you need further medical treatment, obtain authorization (Form CA-16) from your supervisor for treatment by a physician of your choosing. Your supervisor will be working closely with your Human Resources Office to ensure that proper procedures are followed regarding your injury, follow up, and your safe return to duty.
What happens if I am unable to fill out the form because of my injury? Another person, including the supervisor, may act on behalf of an injured employee or survivor and fill out the employee's portion of the forms. If the person completing the report is not the supervisor, the form should be given to the employee's supervisor for approval.
Where can information about current safety and workers’ compensation issues be found? Information on current safety and workers’ compensation issues can be found within the Designated Agency Safety Health Official (DASHO) and Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) information letters.
How can one find the most current Administration’s directives, handbooks, regulations, etc.? This information can be found on the VA Safety webpage under the ‘Occupational Safety and Health Policy Documents’ section of the VA Safety webpage. (
Where can I find information on upcoming safety and workers’ compensation training opportunities, events, and conferences? This information can be found on the VA Safety webpage under the ‘Announcement’ section. (
Where can information be found regarding the VA Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Program for Workers’ Compensation claimants? Information and instructions can be found on the Occupational Safety and Health website at: (