Office of Corporate Analysis and Evaluation
The Office of Corporate Analysis and Evaluation (CAE) is an independent assessment organization that provides the VA senior leadership with objective, transparent, and multidisciplinary analysis of corporate programmatic capabilities and resource requirements necessary to inform strategic decision-making. CAE serves as the analytical arm of the of the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Chief of Staff, and Assistant Secretary for Policy and Planning, and works in close collaboration with the Administrations and VACO Program and Staff Offices to effect transformational change in support of Veterans’ medical, benefits, and memorial services. CAE is comprised of two service Directorates: Programming Service and the Analysis and Evaluation Service. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the Department’s Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Evaluation (PPBE) strategic management system.
- Providing a programmatic resource integration and analysis role with a focus on identifying, analyzing, assessing and presenting, to VA senior leadership with programmatic trade-offs and options, and the risks associated with those trade-offs and options.
- Evaluating programmatic and resource requirements and alternatives and provide business-case analysis in support of new initiatives, disconnected programs, or unfunded requirements.
- Assess the implementation, effectiveness, and efficiency of VA senior leadership directed programs and initiatives; and
- Providing VA program managers with a Corporate Studies and Analysis capability to support informed strategic and actionable decision-making through analytical tools to include: independent cost estimates, cost-benefit/cost-effectiveness analysis, analysis-of-alternatives, and requirements and resource assessments.
|Ms. Subhi Mehdi
Executive Director, Office of Corporate Analysis and Evaluation
Did you know?
The Office of Policy and Planning serves as the principal advisor to VA leaders on all matters of policy and organizational strategy. We serve Veterans by providing VA decision makers with the advice, counsel, and support necessary to fulfill the VA mission and to maximize Veteran satisfaction.
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page.