Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization
Reporting Fraud Fact Sheet
The Center for Verification and Evaluation's (CVE) preferred method for reporting suspected Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned and/or Veteran-Owned Small Business fraud is to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Inspector General.
While CVE will receive and process fraud tips and hotline referrals, the preferred method of reporting suspected fraud cases is directly to the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General (VA OIG) Hotline. To submit a Fraud case:
- Visit the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization's (OSDBU), Verification Fraud Cases page at: http://www.va.gov/osdbu/verification/fraud.asp
- Select the VA OIG's Hotline link. Information is available on the VA OIG Hotline Homepage regarding how OIG handles suspected fraud.
- Select the Submit a Complaint button to access the OIG Hotline Contact Form.
For additional information on navigating the verification process, please utilize any of the following resources:
- Verification Assistance Program
- Verification Assistance Briefs
- Verification Self-Assessment Tool
- CVE Verified Counselors
Visit http://www.VetBiz.gov for more information about CVE and the Verification Process.