News/Latest Buzz - Archive
Archive Start Date: 12/2013
2013Loan Fees Waived For Veterans Who Use SBA Express
- Veterans will get a break on Small Business Administration loans beginning January 1, 2014. SBA is also charging zero fees on all loans of less than $150,000. (12/03/2013)
Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) Name Change
- Effective September 30, 2013, the former Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) was renamed the Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE). The new name more accurately reflects the CVE mission. (10/10/2013)
What are the keys to a successful verification?
- Help us help you ... Important information you should know before applying to Veterans First Program. (09/30/2013)
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Veteran and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses listed as verified in the VetBiz Vendor Information Pages (VIP) must qualify as small business concerns in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). (09/25/2013)
Pre-Decision may be the RIGHT decision for you!
- This initiative aims to increase application approval rates, while giving business owners more time to correct findings that lead to a potential denial. A better application means a better chance of becoming a verified company! (09/25/2013)
How to Update North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes
- Instructions on how to update NAICS codes in the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database. (09/25/2013)
Pre-Determination Process Launches!
- The Pre-Determination Process is designed to reduce denials by identifying easily corrected issues on many appli-cations. (05/03/2013)
Change in the Transfer Restriction Rule
- In accordance with Title 38 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 74.3(b) (Transfer Restrictions), companies will no longer be denied for the Veterans’ First Contracting Program based upon “Right of First Refusal” or similar provisions in applicable business documents. (05/03/2013)
Operation Boots to Business - From Service to Startup
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has partnered with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of Defense to launch an entrepreneurial training program for transitioning service members to help them become entrepreneurs and create jobs. (04/04/2013)
Two Brothers Charged with Defrauding the Department of Veterans Affairs
- ROCHESTER, N.Y. - U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that Raymond Testa, 60, of Rochester, N.Y., and Gerald Testa, 55, of Ontario, N.Y., were arrested and charged by criminal complaint with major fraud against the United States. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, a $1,000,000 fine or both. (03/15/2013)
Return to Top