The national Primary Care-Mental Health Integration evaluation will:
- Examine the characteristics of existing and newly funded programs;
- Describe implementation of funded PC-MHI programs;
- Describe Veterans’ use of these programs;
- Evaluate the impact of PC-MHI programs; and
- Assess whether specific outcomes are causally linked to PC-MHI program implementation and program attributes.
- Assess the extent to which integrated primary care-mental health (PC-MHI) programs have been implemented across the VA.
- Assess patient-level access to care, services receipt, and outcomes for VA patients with mental disorders commonly managed by Primary Care.
- Determine what factors contribute to differences in mental health-related access and quality of care, including variation in the type of PC-MHI program implemented and program characteristics.
|John F. McCarthy, PhD MPH
||National Evaluation Director
|David C. Jordan
|Sandy Snedecor, MS
|Benjamin R. Szymanski, MPH
|Elaine Lasky, RN BSN
||Clinical & Evaluation Specialist