VHA Office of Emergency Management
The VHA Watch Staff in the Integrated Operations Center (IOC) perform a 24/7/365 situation status monitoring and reporting function. Upon notification or indication of a possible disaster or emergency requiring supportive resources, policy decisions, or personnel, the VHA Office of Emergency Management Operations Center is notified. If the situation dictates, additional personnel may be pulled into the response effort, possibly including personnel from the Office of the Deputy Undersecretary for Health for Operations and Management (10N), Patient Care Services (10P4), the Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards (10P3), and other VHA CO offices as necessary.
In major events, the VHA Emergency Management Coordination Cell (EMCC) can be activated, and possibly adding liaisons from the affected VISN(s) to enhance coordination and communication between the national and network levels of the response. The VHA EMCC is the focal point for synthesis of public health, medical and special needs information on behalf of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The OEM Plans Program develops plans that are implemented during response operations, such as the VHA Emergency Operations Plan.
- The OEM Logistics Program coordinates logistic support systems for response operations, such as deployable vehicular and communications assets.
- VHA deployable personnel and teams
- Disaster Emergency Medical Personnel System (DEMPS)
- National Emergency Medical Response Teams (NEMRTs)
- Medical Emergency Radiological Response Team (MERRT)
- OEM Emergency Management Cadres
Program Manager Contact Information
Operations Program Manager
304-264-4815 - Office
304-953-9053 - Cell