The Purchased Care office administers health benefit programs for Veterans and their family families
The Revenue Cycle
Review program offices that support the management of the revenue cycle.
Enrollment & Eligibility
Review program offices that support eligibility and enrollment determination along with contact management.
Enhancing Veteran Healthcare With Innovative Business Solutions!
The VHA Chief Business Office provides national leadership for advancing business practices that support patient care and delivery of health benefits.
The Chief Business Office (CBO) represents a single accountable authority for the development of administrative processes, policy, regulations, and directives associated with the delivery of VA health benefit programs. As a principal health benefits administration advisor to the Under Secretary for Health, the Chief Business Officer develops, implements, and supports various aspects of administrative health care issues. CBO core values are based upon offering quality Veteran services, implementing innovative business solutions, and a commitment to excellence in the development and management of all initiatives and programs.
The CBO consistently produces quality products whose business processes and outcomes are measurable, effectively managed, and integrate efficient technological advances. A leader in developing business advancements, the CBO is also committed to recruiting outstanding employees and providing development, training, and retention. The CBO supports various aspects of administrative health care issues by integrating industry best practices and sound business models to ensure the highest standards for veteran care.
The CBO effectively and actively addresses a wide range of health benefit administration issues and is organized into offices that include eBusiness Solutions, Business Information, and Business Policy. The CBO is also composed of independent offices in the field, dedicated to health benefits administration and revenue-related programs: Health Eligibility Center (HEC),
Health Resource Center (HRC), Purchased Care, and the Consolidated Patient Account Center (CPAC).
Supported by a dedicated, talented staff, the Chief Business Office is committed to serving veterans by providing leadership in health care, implementing innovative business solutions, and serving as the pioneer in the integration of advanced technology into current business processes.
VA Core Values and Characteristics:
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.