VA can help you secure your, and your family's, future. Individual Servicemembers and Veterans, military and Veteran families, and those with service-connected disabilities have many different life insurance options.
The following life insurance programs are available:
- Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance
- Veterans' Group Life Insurance
- Family Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance
- Servicemembers' Group Insurance Traumatic Injury Protection
- Service-Disabled Veterans' Life Insurance
- Veterans' Mortgage Life Insurance
Each life insurance program has its own application process. To apply:
- Decide which insurance option is best for you by reviewing the different programs on our Life Insurance page.
- Follow the "How to Apply" process outlined for your insurance.
Details for how to claim benefits under each insurance policy are listed here.
- Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance coverage is automatic for most active-duty members of the military. This insurance can be converted to Veterans' Group Life Insurance upon separation from the military. Follow this chart to learn when to apply.
- Review your life insurance needs and options with these decision-making tools.