Office of Financial Business Operations
The Office of Financial Business Operations provides financial systems and operations services to VA's Administrations and staff offices. Among its responsibilities:
- Maintains and modifies VA’s corporate financial accounting systems:
- Financial Management System (FMS), VA’s core financial accounting system
- Management Information eXchange (MINX), VA’s consolidated financial statement reporting system
- Personnel Accounting Integrated Data (PAID) system (VA’s payroll and human resources system) and related self-service applications.
- Develops and implements long-range financial systems initiatives in concert with applicable VA offices (Administrations, Chief Information Officer), such as e-Payroll and the VA Time & Attendance System (VATAS).
- Liaison and Program Management office for VA’s relationship with its shared service payroll provider, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- Ensures that systems passing financial information to the FMS comply with Governmentwide accounting principles and standards and with financial systems policy/automated financial data exchange requirements.
External Links Disclaimer
This page may contain links to pages and/or documents outside the Department of Veterans Affairs Domain. These are annotated as shown below in the content of the page. We hope your visit was informative.
U.S. Federal/Military Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs web site by accessing this link.
Non-Government Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs web site by accessing this link. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked web site.