Office of Financial Policy
Welcome to the Office of Financial Policy (OFP) Web Site! OFP reports directly to the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Finance (DAS). OFP is led by an Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (ADAS) who is assisted by a Deputy Director. The ADAS is responsible for managing the Cost and Debt Management Service, Management and Financial Reports Service (MFRS), Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy Services, Grants Management Service, and the Systems to Drive Performance (Initiative).
Special Notice for our Veterans and their families
Our office supports VA organizations and their financial needs. For Veterans in crisis and their family and friends, please access the Veterans Crisis Line Website
. For assistance or questions with Veteran benefits and services, to include medical or burial, please visit the Veteran Services web site
. Thank you for your service and support.
Financial Policy Services
Who We Are
The OFP organization works together to ensure that the roles and responsibilities assigned are performed as effectively and efficiently as possible to support the CFO is his/her duties. OFP responsibilities include:
- Providing VA-wide financial policy and guidance by developing, coordinating, issuing, evaluating, and reviewing VA financial, payroll, and travel policies and procedures for compliance with all financial laws and regulations,
- Preparing VA’s annual Consolidated Financial Statements, President’s Management Agenda scorecards, OMB and Treasury reports, and other comprehensive financial reports as requested,
- Working with the Office of the Inspector General’s independent contract auditors on VA’s annual Consolidated Financial Statements audit,
- Assisting VA’s Office of Budget in incorporating statements and audit results in the Annual Performance and Accountability Report (PAR),
- Providing VA-wide customer support through financial integrity/guidance, analysis of expenditures and collection of funds, payroll, cash, and debt management oversight, asset property and inventory management oversight, and cost accounting, and
- Preparing the Quarterly High Dollar Overpayments Report.