Who We Are
The OFP Accounting Policy area is responsible for:
- Providing VA-wide financial policy and guidance by developing, coordinating, issuing, evaluating, and reviewing VA financial policies and procedures for compliance with all financial laws and regulations,
- Responding to financial policy inquiries and assisting with audit requests,
- Reviewing and analyzing Financial Management System (FMS) transactions for US Standard General Ledger (USSGL), budget object codes (BOCs), and other accounting transactions, and
- Assisting in the annual preparation of the Consolidated Financial Statement and independent audit and other reporting requirements.
Requests for Updates
- Request for Policy Updates
- FMS GL Updates Process/Request Form
- FMS ACED ACEN Updates Process and Request Form
- FMS BOCT Updates Process and Request Form
- Nashville FM Conference Slides - March 2011
- VHA Finance Conference—August 2011
- VBA Support Services Conference, Financial Policy — August 2011
- Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Service Home
- Site Search Tips
- Accounting Frequently Asked Questions
- Conference & Training Slides
- VA Publications
- VA Forms
External Links Disclaimer
This page may contain links to pages and/or documents outside the Department of Veterans Affairs Domain. These are annotated as shown below in the content of the page. We hope your visit was informative.
U.S. Federal/Military Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link.
Non-Government Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.