Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy Service
Welcome to the Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy web site! We strive to provide the most current VA accounting, payroll, and travel policy and other related information affecting our financial and travel customers.
Accounting and Payroll Policy Services responsibilities were expanded in 2011 to transfer Travel policy into the office. Financial policies include finance and accounting, financial reporting, cash and debt management, and other Government-wide programs and initiatives. As part of the CFO responsibilities, OFP Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy is responsible for performing duties related to:
- Providing VA-wide financial policy and guidance by developing, coordinating, issuing, evaluating, and reviewing VA financial, payroll, travel, and charge card policies and procedures for compliance with all financial laws and regulations,
- Responding to financial, payroll, travel, and charge card policy inquiries and audit requests,
- Reviewing and analyzing Financial Management System (FMS) transactions for US Standard General Ledger (USSGL), budget object codes (BOCs), and other accounting transactions,
- Assisting with passport applications and receipt, and
- Assisting in the annual preparation of the Consolidated Financial Statement and independent audit and other reporting requirements.
Financial Policy Services