Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
- Improve indoor air quality by reducing the use of aerosol sprays in the workplace.
- Conserve water by using waterless hand sanitizers.
- Promptly report any leaky faucets or running toilets. See related fact (1)
- Involve senior leadership to support efforts.
- Lead by example. Practice environmental responsibility.
- Keep track of the number of pages you print in a month and the amount of waste you produce; the results may surprise you.
- Spread the word to help others become more environmentally responsible. See related fact (2)
Did you know…
…that a faucet leaking cold water could cost $1.50 per week while one leaking hot water could cost $20 per week?
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Governor’s Green Government Council — Green at Work Guide
…that in the United States buildings account for 36 percent of total energy use, 12 percent of potable water consumption, 65 percent of electricity consumption, and 30 percent of greenhouse gas emissions?
Greening EPA — Green Buildings (citing the US Green Building Council)