Common Claim-filing Pitfalls
Here are seven tips that will help speed the accurate and timely payment of your claim:
- Ensure that all patient information is correctólegal name (no nicknames), correct address, SSN and DOB.
- Any attachments submitted with the claim must clearly show patient information that matches the information on the claim.
- Align your claim form in your printer so that all data is printed in the proper fields.
- Print your claim with a legible font and make sure that the print is not too light. This improves accurate reading of the data as it passes through optical scanners.
- Use caution when marking text with highlighters; dark-colored highlighters tend to distort or black out text images.
- Claims and attachments should not be torn, taped or have bent pages.
- Do not staple or place paper clips on the pages.