Website Resources for Caregivers
These websites contain information for caregivers searching for additional resources and information about their Veteran's care. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see all websites.
National Alliance for Caregiving
The National Alliance for Caregiving
is a non-profit coalition of national organizations focusing on issues of family caregiving. It lists websites with resources for caregivers, including:
Powerful Tools for Caregivers:
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
is an award-winning education program for family caregivers that provides tools and strategies to better handle the unique caregiver challenges.
- Caregivers can buy the book on the website.
- Call 1-503-719-6980 for information on classes in your area.
Today’s Caregiver Magazine
A comprehensive website based on “Today’s Caregiver”, a bi-monthly magazine. Current Issue www.caregiver.com
- A wide variety of caregiver resources including education webinars, support groups, recipes, a book club, caregiver stories, caregiver conferences, and many more!
- Caregiver Channels that addresses different topic areas like long-distance caregiving, swallowing problems, falls, medication management, and more.
Caregiver Action Network (CAN) (formerly National Family Caregivers Association)
Caregiver Action Network
is a non-profit organization serving cancer, but is an excellent resource for providing general education, peer support, and resources to family caregivers across the country free of charge.
Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving
was founded by Andy Cohen, who cared for his mother with lung cancer. Provides an array of caregiving web links of resources, expert Q&A, links to online support groups, and other resources.
- Caregiver Wellness Solution Center
- A comprehensive options of long-term care facilities and providers by caregivers.
- An online forum where caregivers of loved ones with multiple sclerosis can ask questions and get support from other caregivers
- If you need help finding or choosing a senior care provider, you can also call toll free: (866) 824-8174.
is an online community started by a concerned son, Joe Buckheit, who watched his mother and mother-in-law struggle with caregiving issues. This website provides a way for caregivers to form meaningful connections with each other. Staffed by a web team and professional Elder Care experts.
AARP Caregiving Resource Center
is a donor supported website created and managed by the Bortel family to help you to organize your caregiving.
- Organize meals and other help for families during a time of illness or life changing event
- Create your own caregiving tasks calendar. Guides you through setup process.
- Printable Setup Worksheet to gather information before creating online calendar
is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 by Sona Mehring after a friend had a premature baby. Now a fully staffed non-profit organization.
- Create your own calendar and website in under 5 minutes.
Take Them a Meal
Take Them a Meal
was created in response to the founder’s close friend who collapsed from a heart condition. The website can be used for any life event where you need to organize meals for yourself or loved ones. You can even order them a meal on their online store
- A blog site, recipes and other tips are included.
- Easy set up and examples are provided to create a schedule of meals for someone.