OAEM deploys four services (Capital Asset Policy, Planning, and Strategy Service (CAPPS), Investment & Enterprise Development Service (IEDS), Capital Asset Management Service (CAMS), and Green Management Program Service (GMPS)) which work collaboratively with all areas of the Department to ensure capital investments are based on sound business practices and principles and — most importantly — meet our Veterans’ health care, benefits and burial needs. More specifically, OAEM works in partnership with the Administrations and staff offices to facilitate processes that:
- Recommend effective capital asset polices;
- Demonstrate improved capital planning and identification of needs;
- Ensure all investments undergo an appropriate level of analysis required for a sound investment decision;
- Manage "Departmental Asset Initiatives" that are precedent setting in the manner by which VA acquires and manages its capital holdings, or other initiatives identified as high visibility or significance within the Department;
- Oversee the analysis and monitoring of VA’s capital asset performance management system, (CAMS); and
- Evaluate the effectiveness of VA’s implementation of capital asset management policies, principles, standards and guidelines.