The OAL Publications Service provides the following services to VA administrations and staff offices.
- Management and direction of VA printing, binding, and reproduction programs on a nationwide basis in accordance with U.S.C. Title 44.
- VA Liaison to the Joint Committee on Printing (JCP), the Government Printing Office (GPO), and the Interagency Council on Printing.
- Develops policies and other guidance necessary for VA to comply with Federal printing laws and regulations.
- Manages and formulates budget requirements under the auspices of the Supply Fund.
- Provides publication consultation, design, illustration in line, halftone, and full color, and layout as they relate to electronic publishing.
- Processes printing requests, writing detailed specifications for printed material, and procuring from the appropriate source.
- Performs nationwide press-sheet inspection for quality control purposes.
- Provides duplicating and distribution services for VA Central Office. Prints and distributes on-demand forms to field stations as requested by management.
- Administers and designs all VA “common use” electronic and printed forms.
Support the VA and Office of Acquisition and Logistics missions by consistently providing technically correct, high-quality, and timely customer service that meets customer expectations and needs.
Publications Service strives to maintain the highest graphic, printing, and customer service standards while keeping pace with ongoing changes at the Department of Veterans Affairs.