Ordering Procedures Part I: Orders not requiring a statement of work
These ordering procedures apply to orders placed by VA ordering activities under the following mandatory use Schedule programs:
- 65IB Drugs, Pharmaceuticals, & Hematology Related Products
- 65IIA Medical Equipment & Supplies
- 65IIC Dental Equipment & Supplies
- 65IIF Patient Mobility Devices
- 65VA X-Ray Equipment & Supplies
- 65VII Invitro Diagnostics, Reagents, Test Kits & Test Sets
- 66 III Cost-Per-Test, Clinical Laboratory Analyzer
|Orders at or below the micropurchase threshold ($3,000)
- Place the order with any Schedule contractor that meets the agency&rquo;s need
- Seek to evenly distribute orders among Schedule contractors
|Orders exceeding micropurchase threshold but not exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold ($150,000)
- Consider reasonably available information about at least three (3) Schedule contractors that meet the agency’s need. Comply with FAR 8.405-6, Limiting Sources, as applicable. Schedule contractor information is readily available via
- You may also request a quote from at least three (3) Schedule contractors.
- Place order with the contractor that represents the best value.
|Orders over the simplified acquisition threshold ($150,000)
- Develop an RFQ in accordance with FAR 8.405-1(d).
- Give all Schedule contractor holders fair notice and the opportunity to respond. GSA eBuy meets the standard of providing “fair notice to all contractors” because all vendors offering the required supplies and/or services are able to view the Request for Quote. If you do not use eBuy or another means of providing fair notice, you must distribute the RFQ by some other means that will reasonably ensure receipt of at least three (3) quotes.
- Comply with FAR 8.405-6, Limiting Sources, as applicable.
- Ensure all quotes are considered fairly and award is made to the contractor that represents the best value in accordance with the basis for selection in the RFQ.
Check out next month’s Customer Training Center for more information about including non-Schedule items on a Schedule order, and the VA mandated Open Market Waiver Request requirements and submission process!