The SDC offers comprehensive dental and surgical handpiece repair programs comparable to similar programs throughout the United States.
New for 2013! Updated Guidance on requesting and funding repair services can be found at SDC Memorandum 796-13-03, Utilization and Reimbursement of Biomedical Equipment Repair Services dated March 30, 2013.
We recently updated our surgical handpiece repair capabilities so our customers have access to convenient, all-inclusive service. Our highly skilled, factory-trained technicians have the expertise to repair most major brands and models of dental/surgical handpiece equipment. We perform thorough inspections to guarantee proper diagnosis and repair of your equipment. Complete testing of equipment prior to repair includes checking for problems such as torque, water leaks, clogged water lines and proper spray, stripped chuck-holders and connectors, excessive noise, vibration and manufacturer’s recommended revolutions per minute (RPM). In addition to our excellent service, we offer customers very competitive pricing that includes shipping.
- Visual and mechanical inspection for any damage to the head or the tubes and housing
- Complete disassembly, cleaning, rebuilding, and/or replacement of parts necessary to return the unit to its original operating specifications
- Cleaning and alignment of delicate spray tubes
- Setting of RPM and torque parameters to required operating specifications
- Final testing of RPM and torque under actual load to ensure operating specifications are met
Other Excellent Features
- Refurbishing of dental handpieces is normally completed within 48 hours of receipt
- Surgical units are normally repaired and shipped within 7 days
- Rapid Turnaround
- Complete, guaranteed, repair service for ADEC, CHAMPION, KAVO AMERICA, LARES, MIDWEST, STAR …and many more
- Only quality replacement parts are used
- 90-day warranty for all parts and labor
- High-speed Handpiece Repairs $115*
(Includes replacement of bearings, o-rings, and spring washers, cleaning of the chuck, spindle, end cap, and threads, lubrication, performance testing, and return shipment.)
- Low-speed Handpiece Repairs $145*
(Includes replacement of bearings, and vanes or impeller, cleaning/lubrication of the motor, performance testing, and return shipment.)
- Average Repair Costs $400
- Surgical Hose Repair (in 10-foot lengths) $130
(Repair service offers replacement of the inner and outer sheath as well as pressure testing to certify compliance with OEM standards.)
*Higher prices may apply to certain turbine models, or if extensive motor rebuild or replacement, or replacement housing is required. Includes ¾ hour labor.