As a result of Public Law 109-461, VA is authorized to award sole source contracts and/or set aside
contracts for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB). From 01/01/2008 to 09/30/2014, the VA OIG Office of Investigations indicted 44 individuals/companies; arrested 40 individuals; and as of 09/30/2014, convicted 33 individuals/companies, resulting in $13.9M in fines and court-ordered forfeitures. In each of these cases, Federal suspension/debarment was pursued. As of 09/30/2014, there are 81 open investigative SDVOSB cases.
- North Carolina Couple Sentenced For Government Contract Fraud
SDVOSB fraud results in federal prison term for a North Carolina couple.
- Owner of Sham ‘Veteran-Owned’ Company Sentenced for $100 Million Fraud
Massachusetts man receives a sentence of 30 months in prison and a fine of $1 million for a $100 million Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) set-aside contracting fraud scheme.
- Collin County Man Sentenced for Disabled Vet Related Fraud
Texas man sentenced to prison for fraudulently obtaining Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business set-aside contracts.
- Chelmsford Man Convicted of Defrauding Disabled Veterans Program of More Than $100 Million
Chelmsford, Mass., man found guilty of conspiracy to defraud the United States in the implementation and administration of the Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Program.
- The Hayner Hoyt Corporation To Pay $5 Million To Resolve False Claims Act Liability
Coordinated effort among the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York, VA-OIG, SBA-OIG, and DCIS results in $5 million penalty for exploiting a contracting program designed to assist service-disabled veterans.
- Federal Jury Convicts North Carolina Couple Of Fraud
Husband and wife conspired to defraud federal contract programs for disadvantaged and disabled veteran-owned small businesses
- Missouri Woman Sentenced for Defrauding Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Program
20-Month Prison Sentence, $30K Judgment for Blue Springs, MO, Woman Whose Family Business Fraudulently Obtained $6.7M in Set-Aside Contracts Intended for Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Former Department Of Veterans Affairs Official Sentenced To 46 Months In Prison For Taking $1.2 Million In Kickbacks
New Jersey US Attorney Credits VA OIG, FBI, & IRS CID for Investigation Leading to 46-Month Prison Sentence for Former VA East Orange, NJ Engineer
- Three People Arrested in Puerto Rico in a Contractor Major Scheme to Defraud the U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs
“Rent-a-Vet” Scheme To Obtain Multi-Million Contracts Set Aside for Disabled Veterans Results in 5-Count Indictment Against Trio in Puerto Rico
- Central Coast Company Pays $1 Million To Resolve Allegations Of Lying To Obtain Service-Disabled Veteran Contracts
Settlement Demonstrates OIG’s Continued Commitment To Aggressively Pursue Individuals and Companies that Misrepresent Themselves as Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and Deny Legitimate Disabled Veterans Opportunity To Compete for VA Contrac
- San Antonio Businessman Sentenced For V.A. Fraud Scheme
Texas Man Gets 1 Yr, 1 Day in Prison, Ordered to Pay $1.4M in Restitution for Defrauding VA in Contracts Meant for Veterans
- Civil Settlement Reached With Construction Company Falsely Claiming To Be Owned By A Service Disabled Veteran
US Attorney for New Jersey Credits VA OIG, SBA OIG Investigation for Leading to $1.3M Settlement with New Jersey Construction Company
- Four Indicted For Fraud Against Government Contracting Programs
Federal Grand Jury in Tennessee Returns Fraud Indictment in Scheme to Get Set-Aside Contracts Intended for Small Businesses and Veterans
- Pennsylvania Woman Pleads Guilty to Conspiring to Make False Statements and Defraud the Government
Penn. Contractor Admits Hiring Veteran as “Straw” Partner To Obtain $8.7 M in Government Contracts Meant for Disabled Veterans
- Co-owner of Defunct Company Admits Defrauding Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Program
Missouri Man Pleads Guilty To Fraud, Made False Claims Enabling Company To Win $6.7M in Set-Aside Contracts Intended for Veterans
- Omaha Contractor and Companies Plead Guilty to Fraud Scheme
Omaha Contractor Faces 24 Month in Prison for “Pass Through” Scheme That Took 45 Contracts Away From Legitimate Veteran-Owned Businesses
- New Jersey Business Owner Admits Fraudulent Claims Of Service-Disabled Veteran Ownership
Office Design Owner Faces 5 Years in Prison for Falsely Claiming SDVOSB Status, Recieved $1.2M in Contracts Meant for Veterans
- Business Owner Charged in $1.2 Million Procurement Fraud
New Jersey Woman Arrested for Falsely Claiming Service-Disabled Business Status, Received $1.2M in Contracts from VA
- Albuquerque Construction Company Owner Pleads Guilty to Defrauding Federal Program for Service-Disabled Veterans
Albuquerque Duo Plead Guilty in Scheme Where Nearly $11M in VA Construction Contracts Went to Them Instead of Disabled Veteran Business Owners
- Former Department of Veterans Affairs Official Admits Fraud Taking $1.2 Million in Kickbacks
Former VA East Orange Engineer Violated Public Trust By Directing Construction Contracts to Companies In Return for $1.2M
- Connecticut Man Sentenced for Claiming To Operate Minority, Service-Disabled Veteran Business
2-Years’ Probation, $38K Forfeiture For Connecticut Man Who Falsely Claimed Disabled Veteran Status to Obtain Set-Aside Contracts
- Sterling Business Owner Sentenced for Claiming to be Minority, Service-Disabled Veteran Operated Business
Federal Judge Sentences Massachusetts Contractor to 1 Year in Prison, $399K Forfeiture for Falsely Claiming to Be Disabled Veteran
- Coweta County Man Sentenced for Illegally Obtaining Federal Contracts Reserved for Military Veterans
2-Year Sentence for Georgia Man Convicted in “Rent-a-Vet” Contracting Fraud Scheme