Information on FAIR Act and Competitive Sourcing
On October 12, 1998, President Clinton signed the Federal Activities Inventory Reform Act of 1998. Public Law 105-270 directs Federal agencies to submit an annual inventory of all their activities that are performed by Federal employees but are not inherently Governmental (i.e., are commercial). Federal policy regarding the performance of commercial activities was published in the Federal Register (Volume 64, No. 121, Thursday, June 24, 1999, Pages 33927-33935) OMB Circular A-76 establishes Federal policy regarding the performance of commercial activities and implements the statutory requirements of the FAIR Act.
- Circular A-76 - implementation guidance on the FAIR Act
- Supplemental Handbook - Circular A-76 transmittal memoranda & supplemental updates
- FAIR Act Legislation - FAIR Act of 1998 Transcript
- VA FAIR Act Inventory
- FAIR Act Inventory Challenge and Appeal Process
- Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO)
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page.