Fair Act Inventory VA 2007 Report
Inherently governmental activities, which are defined as work functions required to be performed by Federal employees, are not subject to the FAIR Act. However, VA reports on the number of employees aligned with activities that have been deemed to be commercial in nature, as well as those functions that are inherently governmental per OMB request. VA compiled its Inventory of Commercial Activities in accordance with OMB guidance that contained the following information.
- Year 2007 FAIR Act Commercial Activities Inventory Data Call
- Year 2007 Reporting Instructions and Definitions
- Reason Code Clarifications
- Year 2007 Revised/Updated Function/Activity Codes
VA summarized the distribution of full time employees (FTE) by functional code in a document entitled the Department of Veterans Affairs FY 2007 FAIR Act Inventory of Commercial Activities. It should be noted that identified activities within the Veterans Health Administration were germane to all facilities and there was no delineation for different occupational codes within a specific activity. This was done to ensure that there were no geographic differences in the classification of an activity. The Veterans Benefit Administration and the National Cemetery Administration were also consistent in their approach to reporting commercial activities within their respective organization.
VA FAIR Act Management Report
OMB provided guidance on Appendix 2, paragraph I, A-76 Revised Supplemental Handbook (Transmittal Memorandum No. 20), and specified that Year 2005 Annual Report on Management of Commercial Activities should include the following elements:
- Brief description of the Year 2007 Inventory Process
- Number of FAIR Act administrative challenges and appeals
- Brief description of the agency’s Year 2007 Inventory Process
- Description of the agency’s review process
The VA 2007 FAIR Act Annual Management Report is provided along with process maps that outline how VA developed its inventory and managed challenges or appeals. It should be noted the contents of the VA Management Report are not subject to an administrative challenge.
- Fair Act Inventory
- Fair Act Inventory Background and Related Links
- Fair Act Inventory Challenge and Appeal Process
- Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO)
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page.