Enterprise Program Management Office
The Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO) was chartered in 2010 to improve the overall program management in VA. This is being accomplished through the development and implementation of program management standards, doctrines, methodologies, and best practices. The ePMO is also responsible for improving the planning and execution of the 16 major initiatives (listed below) by working with major initiative owners to validate requirements and ensure the synchronization of resources to transition these initiatives into the routine operations of the Department. The ePMO seeks to revolutionize business processes and foster accountability through clearly defined milestones and integration plans. Additionally, ePMO is focused on the integration of major initiatives into the Department’s business lines, resulting in improved access, quality, and performance.
16 Major Programs
- Eliminate Veteran homelessness.
- Enable 21st century benefits delivery and services.
- Automate GI Bill benefits.
- Create Virtual Lifetime Electronic Records by 2012.
- Improve Veterans’ mental health.
- Build Veteran Relations Management (VRM) capability to enable convenient, seamless interactions.
- Design a Veteran-centric health care model to help Veterans navigate the health care delivery system and receive coordinated care.
- Enhance the Veteran experience and access to health care.
- Ensure preparedness to meet emergent national needs.
- Develop capabilities and enabling systems to drive performance and outcomes.
- Establish strong VA management infrastructure and integrated operating model.
- Transform human capital management.
- Perform research and development to enhance the long-term health and well-being of Veterans.
- Optimize the utilization of VA’s Capital Portfolio by implementing and executing the Strategic Capital Investment Planning (SCIP) process.
- Health Care Efficiency: Improve the quality of health care while reducing cost.
- Transform health care delivery through health informatics.
Executive Director, Enterprise Program Management Office
Management Systems Improvement
- Inventory and Competitive Sourcing
- Secretary’s Robert W. Carey Performance Excellence Awards Program
Did you know?
The Office of Policy and Planning serves as the principal advisor to VA leaders on all matters of policy and organizational strategy. We serve Veterans by providing VA decision makers with the advice, counsel, and support necessary to fulfill the VA mission and to maximize Veteran satisfaction.
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page.