Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs
- The National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic (NVSSC) promotes rehabilitation of body and spirit by teaching summer sporting activities to Veterans with significant physical or psychological impairments.
- Participation is open to U.S. military service Veterans with orthopedic amputations, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, psychological trauma, certain neurological conditions, visual impairment, spinal cord injuries and other eligible injuries incurred in the last six years.
- September 16-21, 2012
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Host Hotel – San Diego Marriott and Marina
- Surfing – La Jolla Shores
- Sailing – San Diego Harbor
- Cycling – Coronado Island
- Kayaking – Mission Bay Yacht Club
- Track & Field – U.S. Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista
- VA is committed to improving the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities. Participants will develop sports skills and take part in a variety of adaptive sports workshops. Clinic participation demonstrates that having a physical or visual disability is not an obstacle to an active rewarding life.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Tristan Heaton, Local Organizing Committee Chair, (858) 642-6426
- Media Contact
- Michael Molina , Public Affairs Coordinator, (202) 560-7305