The Veterans Employment Toolkit was created by the National Center for PTSD, in conjunction with the VA's Mental Health Services.
The primary development team consisted of a group of psychologists at the Dissemination and Training Division of the National Center for PTSD. The National Center for PTSD is a VA center of excellence for research and education on the prevention, understanding, and treatment of PTSD. The purpose of the National Center for PTSD is to improve the well-being and understanding of American Veterans who have served our country.
The team included: Sara J. Landes, Ph.D.; Pamela Swales, Ph.D.; Pearl McGee-Vincent, Psy.D.; Rachel Rodriguez, Ph.D.; Shana Spangler, Psy.D.; Robyn Walser, Ph.D.; Josef Ruzek, Ph.D.
The team worked in conjunction with a number of other individuals and agencies to create a useful resource for employers, managers and supervisors, human resource professionals, EAP providers, and Veterans. The team would like to thank these individuals and agencies, including:
- Human resource recruitment and placement staff, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
- Members of the US Army Reserve 63rd Regional Support Command, Psychological Health
- College administrators and staff, community colleges in the Palo Alto, CA area
- Veterans, Palo Alto Veterans Mental Health Council
- Former Director, Legal and human resource departments for the city of Peoria, IL
- Director and staff, Web Services, Office of Mental Health Services, VA
- Director of Employee Resource Groups, Sodexo