VISN 5 Veteran Resources
The following links are provided for your convenience:
VA Sites of Interest
Veteran Sites of Interest
- America's Heroes at Work
Supporting the employment success of returning service members with TBI & PTSD.
- American Legion*
The largest Veterans organization in the world.
- American Veterans (AMVETS)*
Preserving freedon, supporting Veterans and active military, providing community services.
- Angel Flight for Veterans*
Dedicated to Helping Veteran Patients and Their Families in Need of Travel for Medical Reasons.
- Arlington National Cemetary*
Where Valor Proudly Sleeps.
- Armed Forces Retirement Home
The Premier Retirement Community for America's Veterans.
- Blinded Veterans Organization (BVA)*
Promoting the Welfare of Blinded Veterans.
- Bowlers to Veterans Link*
Providing recreational and therapeutic programs and services to brighten the days of America's active duty and Veteran service men and women.
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society*
Official Site of the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Department of Defense Web Portal for Military Transitioners.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)*
Fulfilling out promises to the men and women who served.
- Fisher House*
Helping Military Families.
- The Flag of the United States of America*
Dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America.
- Foundation for American Veterans (FAV)*
Nonprofit organization established to provide various benefits for all Veterans.
- Gulf War Veteran Resource Pages*
Serving the Gulf War Veteran community worldwide since 1994.
- Help Hospitalized Veterans*
Serving the Veteran and military patient community since 1971.
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Proudly Serving America's Veterans.
- Jewish War Veterans*
Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America.
- Korean War Project*
Nonprofit Corporation devoted to the study of the Korean War.
- Marine Corps League*
Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
- Military Funeral Honors*
Honoring Those Who Served.
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)*
The professional association for military officers and their families at every stage of life and career.
- Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH)*
Some Gave All, All Gave Some.
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (NCHV)*
Seeking to end homelessness among Veterans.
- National WWII Memorial *
Honoring the 16 million who served in the armed forces of the U.S., the more than 400,000 who died, and all who supported the war effort from home. Symbolic of the defining event of the 20th Century, the memorial is a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the American people.
- Packages for our Soldiers*
Take time today to send a package to a hospitalized Veteran, a soldier or Marine.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)*
Their mission is to change lives and build brighter futures for our seriously injured heroes—to empower these brave men and women with what they need to achieve the things they fought for: freedom and independence.
- Ready.Gov - From the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed.
- The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)*
Serving the Total Enlisted Force: Active Duty - Veterans - Retired - Reserves - National Guard.
- Resources for War Veterans*
War Veterans Health Resource Initiative.
- State Veterans Affairs Offices
Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs
Virginia Department of Veterans Services
- West Virginia*
West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance
- Stories of Service*
Preserving the legacy of those who have served our communities, nation and society.
- U.S. Air Force
Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win
- U.S. Army
This We'll Defend
- U.S. Coast Guard
Semper Paratus (Always Ready)
- U.S. Marine Corps
Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
- U.S. Navy
Non Sibi Sed Patriae (Not Self But Country)
- U.S. Army Center of Military History
An outreach service provided by the U.S. Army Center of Military History.
- U.S. Army Human Resources Command
- U.S. States Congress
United States Legistrative Information.
- U.S. House of Representatives
Information on the United States House of Representatives.
- U.S. Senate
Information on the United States Senate.
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS)
Serving America's Veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise, and protecting their employment rights.
- Veterans History Project
Collecting and preserving the extraordinary wartime stories of ordinary people.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)*
No One Does More for Veterans.
- Veterans' Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Providing Veterans with the resources and services to succeed in the 21st Century work force.
- Veterans Service Records
Start your military service record request (DD Form 214 & SF-180).
- Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)*
Never Again Will One Generation of Veterans Abandon Another.
- The Virtual Wall*
Bringing the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to your home to help remember the sacrifices of the fallen and their families.
*Please note: You are now leaving the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
To read PDF documents, you need a PDF viewer. The link to the free viewer software for Adobe Reader is available here.