Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

VHA Office of Community Care


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge
EBenefits Badge

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Treatment

In January 2017, VA regulations were amended to offer in vitro fertilization (IVF) evaluation and treatment to Veterans with service-connected conditions that resulted in infertility, as well as to their spouses. The benefit was added to existing infertility services.

This is a long-awaited benefit for many Veteran couples, and hundreds nationally are expected to seek evaluation and treatment. More information about infertility treatment options for eligible Veterans and their spouses can be found in the IVF Fact Sheet for Veterans.

Health Care Providers

Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) specialists in the community are an integral partner in VA’s efforts to ensure that Veterans receive the infertility care and services they need. If you are an REI provider interested in offering IVF treatment to eligible Veterans as a Community Care/Patient-Centered Community Care (PC3) provider, you must first enroll to be a part of the Health Net or TriWest provider network.

More Information for REI Community Providers

Information about how REI health care providers can join the PC3 Community Care network and connect Veterans with this life-changing treatment can be found in the IVF community provider materials below and at the Veterans Choice website.