Employee Education System
WRIISC Podcast Series: Veterans’ Health Matters
Veterans’ Health Matters, a podcast series sponsored by the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC), offers clinicians, Veterans and caregivers information on post-deployment care.
Providers need to better understand the unique challenges Veterans with post-deployment and exposure health concerns face to use best practices in identifying, assessing, managing and communicating Veteran care. With so many other pressing needs, it can be difficult to find the time to get important information. The Veterans’ Health Matters podcast series makes it easy for listeners to learn ways to improve the care of the Nation’s Veterans. In under 25 minutes, listeners will hear about and gain tools on effective patient-provider communication; various functional and integrative medicine approaches; exercise; and much more.
In each episode of Veterans’ Health Matters, subject-matter experts weigh in on these topics and discuss the services the WRIISC provides, because every Veteran’s health really does matter.
Click below to listen to episodes of Veterans’ Health Matters on Spreaker. The podcast series is also available on iTunes and Spotify.
- Episode 1 - Difficult Patient/Provider Conversation
- Episode 2 - Improving Patient Provider Communication
- Episode 3 - Toxic Exposures and Gut Health
- Episode 4 - Tackling Chronic Inflammation
- Episode 5 - Gut Function and Health
- Episode 6 - Rebalancing for Wellness
- Episode 7 - Eliminating Unhealthy Foods
- Episode 8 - Detoxifying: A Nutritional Body Cleanse
- Episode 9 - Mighty Mitochondria
- Episode 10 - Essential Food Nutrients
- Episode 11 - Wearable Technology Trends
- Episode 12 - War Related Injury & Illness Study Center
The Veterans’ Health Matters podcast series may be of particular interest to physicians; non-physician health care staff; occupational therapy assistants; psychologists; social workers; rehabilitation counselors; counselors, licensed professional counselors, marital and family therapists; New York licensed social workers; and Veterans themselves. Future episodes will discuss key exposure topics and VA registry programs including for Agent Orange, Airborne Hazards and Gulf War Illness. Stay tuned!