Asst Dep Under Secretary for Health for Policy & Planning
Office of Strategic Planning and Analysis (OSPA)
The Office of Strategic Planning and Analysis (OSPA) offers an array of support services. The office provides Veterans Health Administration (VHA) leaders with insightful data and information to support planning, policy, budget, performance and healthcare system design decisions. OSPA is responsible for leading, developing, and coordinating strategic planning efforts for VHA to effect implementation of VA and VHA strategic goals, performance measures and targets; conducting complex quantitative and qualitative analyses to support VHA strategic planning, as well as program reviews and management studies that integrate strategic planning into on-going organizational improvements.
In addition, OPSA provides the following support or services:
- Development of strategic planning guidance for the field and program offices, which clarifies VHA strategic objectives, strategies and performance measures and targets for the system.
- Coordination with VA-DoD for strategic planning
- Administering Annual Survey of Enrollees Survey of Enrollees - gathering and reporting Veterans’ enrollment choices and utilization patterns
- Providing ongoing analytical support to VISN and VHA leadership
- Conducting program reviews and management studies that integrate strategic planning into on-going organizational improvements.
- Developing corporate reports, proceedings, analyses, and disseminates information through the use of state-of-the art technology including survey design, customized publications, web site management, and advanced computer applications.
OSPA is comprised of offices located in VA Central Office in Washington and Milwaukee.