VA Homeless FAQs
Explore frequently asked questions on accessing VA services, partnering with VA, and additional information about VA homeless programs.
VA is partnering with the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and the American Student Council Association (ASCA) for the second annual End Veteran Homelessness Challenge.
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- VA provides Veterans fleeing domestic violence with housing and supportive services
va.gov | Posted October 1, 2019
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.