Let’s End Veteran Homelessness
VA recently announced a 30-day surge effort to house as many homeless Veterans as possible. From prioritizing unsheltered Veterans for immediate housing to organizing homeless stand down events in your community, learn how you can help.
Hire A Veteran
Interested in hiring a Veteran? The Homeless Veterans Community Employment Services program is here to help. To learn more, contact a VA Community Employment Coordinator in your city.
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
What’s New In the Fight to End Veteran Homelessness
- VA Programs for Homeless Veteran | VA Homeless | Posted Feb. 22, 2017
- Join the 30-day surge: Act now to end Veteran homelessness | VA Homeless | Posted Jan. 23, 2017
- Veterans Affairs, others work to get 30 homeless veterans off Birmingham area streets in one-day blitz | AL.com | Posted Jan. 18, 2017
Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.