Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
GPD Provider Continuing Education Series
VA continues to look for opportunities to provide enhanced training and education to our Grant and Per Diem (GPD) providers. To that end, VA has created an educational training series for case management and clinical staff providing direct service to Veterans in GPD programs.
The goal is to enhance outcomes for homeless Veterans by increasing staff awareness through a variety of trainings regarding the array of complex issues associated with working with homeless Veterans.
The format will be a 60 minute presentation followed by a 20 minute question and answer period. Presenters will be national experts within the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The next presentation will be on Suicide: Intervention and Prevention on Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 2:00pm Eastern. The dial in number and access code will be sent to all current GPD Providers via broadcast fax. PowerPoint presentations will be available two weeks prior to the training.
Presentation: Suicide: Intervention and Prevention
Previous Presentation Materials
- Reaching Resistant Clients with Motivational Interviewing (April 13, 2017)
- Inclusive Care Attachment 1 Attachment 2 (March 30, 2017)
- Working with Veterans with TBI (February 23, 2017)
- GPD and Community Partners Working Together (November 10, 2016)
- Working With Veterans With Trauma and PTSD (July 7, 2016)
- Legal Services (May 26, 2016)
- Challenges Facing Today's Female Warriors and Veterans (April 21, 2016)
- Medication Management and Storage in GPD Programs (February 11, 2016)
- Trauma Informed Care (June 18, 2015)
- Housing First (April 16, 2015)
- VHA's Trauma Informed Care Approach to Intimate Partner Violence (March 26, 2015)
- Is Employment Enough? How to Support Employment Success Through Veteran Empowerment ... a Holistic Approach (December 4, 2014)
- Suicide, Homelessness, Risk Assessment and Safety Planning (July 17, 2014)
- Deployment Mental Health and Homelessness (May 15, 2014)
- Dual Diagnosis Presentation (March 13, 2014)
- Role of Employment in Ending Veteran Homelessness (January 16, 2014)
- Working With Active Users (September 18, 2013)
- Homelessness in Female Veterans (August 15, 2013)
- Unique Medical Needs for Homeless Veterans (June 20, 2013)
- Motivational Interviewing (April 18, 2013)
- Resources and Services for Homeless Women Veterans (February 21, 2013)
- Suicide Risk Assessment and Safety Planning (November 1, 2012)
- Homelessness and Military Sexual Trauma (June 14, 2012)
- Working with Veterans with Trauma and PTSD (April 5, 2012)
- Introduction to Trauma and PTSD (January 26, 2012)
Make the Call
Access VA’s services for homeless and at-risk Veterans, available 24/7.
Homeless Veteran Chat
Confidential, 24/7 online support for Veterans and friends
VA Medical Center
Locate Your Local
VA Medical Center Now
Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can call or visit their local VA Medical Center (VAMC) and ask for a Homeless Coordinator. Use the VA locator tool www.va.gov/directory to find your nearest VAMC and call or visit today.