VA Homeless Programs
2022 Point-in-Time (PIT) Count Results
As a result of the hard work of VA’s homeless program staff, we have achieved an 11% decline in Veteran homelessness since 2020, according to results from the 2022 PIT Count.
How Landlords Can Help End Veteran Homelessness
No one who served their country should be without a home. VA cannot address this alone and needs landlords who are interested in housing Veterans experiencing homelessness.
Provide Employment Opportunities to Veterans
If you are a business owner interested in providing employment opportunities or services to Veterans, contact your local Community Employment Coordinator (CEC) to learn more.
Learn more »
Assistance for Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
Make the call to or chat online with the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans, where trained counselors are ready to talk confidentially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you a Veteran who is homeless or experiencing housing instability?
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, we strongly encourage you to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
No Veteran should be without a place to call home.
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Full Thanksgiving meals delivered to 475 veterans who have just moved into housing
NewsChannel 5 Nashville | Posted November 16, 2022
- Interview: Number of homeless vets declined since 2020
WTVA | Posted November 10, 2022
- New Homeless Resource Locator Connects Users with Service Providers Across the U.S.
Community Solutions | Posted November 9, 2022
- Glastonbury Woods Apartments will become housing for veterans experiencing homelessness
NewsChannel 5 | Posted August 30, 2022
- VA awards $431 million in grants to help at-risk Veterans and their families
Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs | Posted August 1, 2022
- If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
- You can also call or visit your local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
- Work with VA to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans in your community. Learn how you can help by visiting our Stakeholders page.
- Listen to our podcast, Ending Veteran Homelessness, to get monthly updates on resources and services.
- Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.