VA Homeless Programs
Center Fellowship Program
Center Fellowship ProgramThe VA National Center on Homelessness among Veterans (the Center), in collaboration with the VA Office of Academic Affiliations (OAA), has created a postdoctoral fellowship program for those interested in addressing Veteran homelessness.
The Center Fellowship is open to clinicians or non-clinicians with a doctoral degree or who have completed all requirements toward a doctoral degree from an accredited institution. This national fellowship will be embedded at five local sites and will be considered a fellowship track within the local site.
Fellows will have a formal connection with the Center and will be expected to work with a Center mentor along with a local mentor. Center Fellows will have opportunities to work with national operational partners and be on the cutting-edge of the latest research, policy, and educational developments in Veteran homelessness, with opportunities to interact and collaborate on projects, including funded travel to meet in-person at the annual American Public Health Association Conference.
For more details about the program, please see the Center Fellowship Flyer.
Apply for a Fellowship with the Center!
Click on the image below to view the Program Overview video:
To apply, please contact one of the five participating sites below to obtain their site-specific deadlines and application requirements. If you have any additional questions, you can contact the Center Fellowship Director, Jack Tsai, PhD: Jack.email@example.com, or the Fellowship and Research Coordinator Jeffrey Gluff at: Jeffrey.Gluff@va.gov.
- Dallas, TX
- Core program: Interprofessional Addiction Fellowship
- Fellowship Directors: Dr. Geetha Shivakumar & Julia Smith
- Point of Contact: Dr. Dina Dooshyar, Dina.Hooshyar@va.gov
- Providence, RI
- Core program: Center of Innovation in Long-Term Services and Supports for Vulnerable Veterans (COIN)
- Fellowship Directors: Drs. Kali Thomas & Whitney Mills
- Point of Contact: Dr. Eric Jutkowitz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Antonio, TX
- Core program: Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
- GRECC Director: Dr. Sara Espinoza
- Point of Contact: Dr. Jack Tsai, Jack.Tsai2@va.gov
- Bronx, NY
- Core program: Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC) Advanced Fellowship
- Fellowship Director: Dr. Chi Chan
- Point of Contact: Dr. Chi Chan, Chi.Chan1@va.gov
- Bedford, MA
- Core Program: Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) Center (CHOIR)
- Fellowship Director: Dr. Stephanie Shimada
- Point of Contact: Dr. Hong Yu, Hong_Yu@uml.edu
- West Haven, CT
- Core Program: Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) Center (PRIME Center)
- Center Director: Dr. Lori Bastian
- Point of Contact: Dr. Rajiv Radhakrishnan, Rajiv.Radhakrishnan@yale.edu
*To search the entire VA.gov site, please use the search bar in the upper right corner of the webpage