A program hosted by the National Center on Homelessness among Veterans to present current research on homeless populations that has implications for the field. This occasional forum provides clinicians, VA homeless program managers, and front line staff the opportunity to discuss particular research studies and how findings might be considered in planning, developing, or implementing services for homeless or formerly homeless Veterans.
- Improving Recovery and Community Re-Engagement in the HUD-VASH Program
- Dementia in Aging Homeless Veterans: Research and Clinical Implications
- Housing Instability, Housing Services Utilization, and Suicide Morbidity among Transgender Veterans
- Challenges and Strategies for Serving Unstably Housed Veterans in Rural Areas: Evidence from the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program
- Pathways into Homelessness among post-9/11-Era Veterans
- Addiction Housing Case Management for Homeless Veterans Enrolled in Addictions Treatment
- Homeless and Justice-Involved Veterans: What does the Research Tell us?
- Problem Solving Skills and Deficits Among Homeless Veterans with Serious Mental Illness
- Homelessness Among Recent U.S. Veterans
- Veteran Sex Offender Access to Housing and Health Services after Release from Incarceration: Obstacles and Best Practices
- The Role of Intimate Partner Violence in Housing Instability and Homelessness among Women Veterans
The Center developed the Homeless Evidence and Research Synthesis (HERS) Roundtable series in 2015 to convene groups of peer researchers and subject matter experts (SMEs) to discuss research and policy issues surrounding homelessness. Through the use of virtual conferencing and an interactive software platform, the HERS format brings together researchers, policy makers, service providers, other government agencies, and the private sector. After each session, a proceedings document is developed which outlines the research findings presented, policy and/or service delivery issues, and suggested recommendations.
For more information on the individual HERS sessions, please visit the links below:
Addressing Social Determinants of Health: Exploring Implications for Policy through the Veterans Health Administration's Universal Screening for Housing Instability among Veteran Outpatients - September 13, 2018
*To search the entire VA.gov site, please use the search bar in the upper right corner of the webpage