Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 11:18 PM
Subject: SSVF Program Update Friday, October 6, 2017
Follow Up Flag: Follow up
Flag Status: Flagged
1. Register Now: SSVF National Webinar October 12, 2017 at 2PM Eastern
2. FY17 Data HMIS Uploads – Final Upload due October 9, 2017
3. FINAL FY17 HHS SUBACCOUNT TRANSFERS
4. IMPORTANT: FY18 SSVF Participant Satisfaction Survey Update
5. SSVF Success Story: Berkeley Food and Housing Project
Register Now: SSVF National Webinar October 12, 2017 at 2PM Eastern- VA
The SSVF National Grantee Webinar will cover two topics.
Topic 1: SSVF Unannounced Standardized Veteran (USV) Program will be presented by Dr. Saul Weiner, Deputy Director, VHA Center of Innovation for Complex Chronic Healthcare and Tim Underwood, Project Manager, VHA Homeless Programs Office
Description: -The Veteran Health Administration (VHA) Homeless Programs Office’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program is preparing to launch an Unannounced Standardized Veteran (USV) Project, commonly referred to as a “mystery shoppers program,” at approximately 20% of SSVF grantee sites throughout the country. The presentation will provide a description of the program and how it will work when an SSVF grantee is selected by a "mystery shopper". The purpose of the project is to improve the Veteran experience by identifying and disseminating best practices across all SSVF grantees.
Topic 2: SSVF Coordination with Child Support Services will be presented by U.S Department of Health & Human Services - Office of Child Support Enforcement, Administration for Children & Families
Description: The presenter will review resources and practices that SSVF providers and their legal partners can use to coordinate with child support agencies, to better serve veterans and their families. The presentation will also review practices, implemented at the state and local levels that have resulted in an increased receipt of child support payments and modifications to existing orders.
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6653530704535809
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
FY17 Data HMIS Uploads – Final Upload due October 9, 2017
All FY2017 Data, that was exported on September 30, 2017, must be uploaded to the VA repository before October 9, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm local time.
FINAL HHS SUBACCOUNT TRANSFERS
Please be reminded that HHS Subaccount Transfers will be processed on a weekly basis through December. Grantees that require a final transfer of funds among the HHS subaccounts in order to complete the grant close-out should complete the open requirement in GIFTS titled “Final Subaccount Transfer”. Submit the requirement in GIFTS for review and processing. Please do not send requests to your or Regional Coordinator nor submit to the SSVF general inbox. To avoid denials of the subaccount transfer requests, please access your HHS grant account within the Payment Management System and carefully review the authorized subaccount balances; any previous Program Changes, mandatory sweeps or disaster relief efforts throughout the year may have resulted in changes to these authorized balances. Be sure you are basing changes off the current AUTHORIZED balances of each subaccount rather than remaining balances. If you submission is not completed properly it will be denied and you will have to resubmit. If you have questions about how to complete the template or verify your authorized subaccount balances (prior to submitting your request) please contact your Regional Coordinator.
IMPORTANT: FY18 SSVF Participant Satisfaction Survey Update
Beginning 10/1/17, all Grantees must utilize a NEW web link to register Veterans to take the Participant Satisfaction Survey. Grantees have received an e-mail containing the new web link from M. Davis. The FY17 registration link does NOT work as of 9/30/17. With the exception of navigating to a different URL, the process for registering Veterans will be exactly the same; however, there are a few new features of which Grantees will want to take note:
• When a Veteran is registered and an e-mail address is provided, the Veteran will receive the survey link via e-mail within 2 minutes of registration.
• If a smart phone number is provided when registering the Veteran, a text message with the survey link will be sent within 15 minutes.
• The welcome screen for the registration portal will now display the Grant ID at the top of the screen. If an organization has multiple grants, Grantees will be able to easily verify that staff is using the appropriate link.
• A recorded webinar detailing the changes for the new fiscal year can be viewed at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3643945747087799810
• A copy of the revised survey is attached. Survey is shorter and easier for Veterans to complete.
Grantee action steps:
1. Require all staff to view the pre-recorded webinar and the survey attachment (include subcontractor staff)
2. Ensure you have a link to all of your operating awards.
3. Reinforce with staff the survey requirements to register all Veterans within 30 days of exit.
4. Develop a system to ensure all Veterans are registered.
If you have not received the link or if you have any questions regarding the registration process, please then contact M. Davis and Company, Inc. to obtain your new registration link: VASSVF@mdavisco.com or 215-790-8900 x124
SSVF Success Story: Berkeley Food & Housing Project The SSVF program is pleased to share a VA Partner Success Story in Ending Veteran Homelessness. In the years since the national priority to end Veteran homelessness nationwide was announced in 2010, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has been working hard to make sure Veterans have all the resources they need to thrive and obtain permanent, affordable housing — but this challenge can’t be solved by one organization alone. To support Veterans who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless at every corner of the nation, the efforts of organizations at the state and community levels are needed. This article highlights SSVF provider, Berkeley Food & Housing Project in California.
Please follow the link below for full story:
If you have a success story, please share it with us! Instructions on submit a story are attached to this update.
SSVF Program Office
NOTE: If you are receiving this email in error, please disregard. We request your patience as the SSVF Program Office continues to address system issues with the grants management database.