Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Can Do MS TAKE CHARGE Program for Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis
TAKE CHARGE PROGRAM FOR VETERANS WITH MS
Find strength in your community! Join Can Do MS and VA for the TAKE CHARGE Program to meet a community of other veterans with MS, support partners, and healthcare professionals. Together, you’ll gain the tools to manage MS and take charge of your life!
- Take charge of your MS symptoms to find more freedom, control, and independence.
- Take charge of your healthcare by learning how to navigate the system and advocate for your needs.
- Take charge of your wellness to feel better and live better, today and every day!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The TAKE CHARGE Program is offered at no cost to you. It includes exclusive resources and two days of live, virtual workshops for both you and your support partner. Together, you and your fellow veterans with MS will get to learn from one another and share tactics that really work for you to achieve your health and wellness goals.
You’ll learn about:
- Exercise, daily movement, and nutrition
- Cognition and mood
- Communication and relationships
- Advocating for yourself in the healthcare system
Friday, Sept. 16 at 6:00 pm - 8:15 pm ET, and Saturday, Sept. 17 at 10:30 am - 5:00 pm ET
During TAKE CHARGE, you’ll attend workshops led by an integrated team of healthcare professionals across a variety of disciplines, such as physical therapy, nutrition, and occupational therapy.
You’ll meet in small groups of 5-10 people, giving you plenty of opportunity to speak up, receive personalized advice, and actively participate in the program. There will also be special breakout rooms for support partners.
In order to give you the best experience possible, space is limited in this program!
Visit CanDo-MS.org/TAKECHARGE or call 800-367-3101.