Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Introduction to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Cognitive Dysfunction
Two experts on Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Cognitive Impairment discuss. The host is Fields Moseley. The experts are:
- Dr. Aaron Turer, Director of Rehabilitation and associate director of the VA MS Center of Excellence West in Seattle.
- Dr. Stephen Rao, professor and director of schey center for cognitive neuroimaging and a neuropsychologist at the cleveland clinic's mellen center in cleveland, ohio.
This is the first, introduction video segment in which they discuss what MS is, the cognitive aspects of MS, including:
- Clinical strategies to understand cognitive dysfunction in MS
- Brain imaging changes underlying cognitive dysfunction
- Pharmacological interventions to manage cognitive deficits
- Cognitive rehabilitation strategies to enhance memory, attention, and executive function.
Dr. Turner also explains for mission of the VA MS Center of Excellence and the care provided to Veterans by the network of VA facilities throughout the US. (5 minutes)
Return to all videos on MS Cognitive Dysfunction