Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Veterans Benefits and Services
The VA provides health care services to Veterans with MS from the time of diagnosis throughout their life, whether or not they have a service-connected or non-service connected status. If an individual had symptoms of MS in the military, or within seven years after honorable discharge, he/she may be eligible for service-connected disability. If this is the case, the Veteran should complete the Veterans Application for VA Compensation and/or VA Pension available online or at his/her local medical center. Veterans Service Organizations (VSO), such as the Paralyzed Veterans of America, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and United Spinal Association are good support resources.
- Emotional Support Services for Veterans and Families
- Guide and Service Dogs
- Paralyzed Veterans of America: A Champion for Veterans with MS
- Social Security Disability (spring 2018 newsletter)
- What Are My VA Benefits for MS?
For Additional Information
- Veterans Benefits Administration: Fact Sheets
- Caregiver Benefits and Resources
- National MS Society: Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits: A Guidebook for People with MS and Their Healthcare Providers
- National MS Society: The New Listing for Social Security Disability
- Physical Disability Board of Review
- State Veterans Affairs Offices
- VA MS Disability Benefits Questionnaire for Service Connection
- VA Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs: Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors
- Vet Center Program
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Health Administration Foreign Medical Program
- Veterans Health Administration Office of Community Care
Disclaimer: Links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by MSCoE of any of the products, services, or opinions of the organization. MSCoE bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.