Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Multiple Sclerosis Caregivers/Partners
Caregivers and Care Partners are very important to our Veterans with MS! It's important to take care of yourself as you care for your loved one with MS. If you aren’t healthy, it's harder to provide good care.
VA Caregiver Support Resources
The VA Caregiver Support website has a wealth of resources for you, including self-care and caring for your Veteran. Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274.
The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a great resource that connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families, and caregivers to programs and services that support them.
The VA Office of Rural Health has a great website with resources for Veterans and a Caregivers Video Series.
The VA National Center for PTSD is the world's leading research and educational center of excellence on PTSD and traumatic stress.
VA Geriatrics and Extended Care has worksheets and handouts for Caregivers and Veterans on shared decision-making, well-being and advance care planning, home and community based services, residential settings, and nursing homes.
- Advanced Care Planning
- Home and Community Based Services
- Homemakers and Home Health Aides
- Respite Care
- Your Guide to Long Term Care Services and Supports
VA Coaching Into Care is a VA national telephone service family members and friends can call for support and resources for a Veteran. Call: 1-888-823-7458.
Non-VA Caregiver Support Resources
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Family Caregiving
- Caregiver Action Network
- Caring Today
- Family Caregiver Alliance: National Center on Caregiving
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- National Caregiving Foundation
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving
- Share the Care
- Today's Caregiver
- Well Spouse Association
- Disabled American Veterans
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Psychological Health Center of Excellence
- MS Association of America
- MS Foundation - Homecare Assistance Grant Program
- National MS Society - MS Navigator
REACH VA - MS
REACH VA - MS stands for "Resources for Enhancing all Caregivers Health of Veterans for Multiple Sclerosis."
Ask your VA MS Care Team or VA Caregiver Coordinator about REACH VA - MS. Certified REACH VA Program Coaches help Caregivers develop skills in stress management, disease-specific knowledge, and coping strategies to reduce Caregiver stress and burden.
Disclaimer: Links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by MSCoE of any of the products, services, or opinions of the organization. MSCoE bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.