Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Attention A T users. To access the combo box on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Press the alt key and then the down arrow. 2. Use the up and down arrows to navigate this combo box. 3. Press enter on the item you wish to view. This will take you to the page listed.
Veterans Crisis Line Badge

Office of Resolution Management (ORM)


Resolution Support Center

“Resources are just a phone call away”

What is the Resolution Support Center (RSC)? RSC is a call center that serves as a resource for VA managers and employees to raise questions about and explore ways to address work-related issues. RSC is also responsible for the Office of Resolution Management’s (ORM), External Complaints Program which includes responding to and referring questions raised by Veterans who have concerns about their VA healthcare and benefits.
What does the RSC do?
  • Identifies the purpose of the call and provides information on options;
  • Facilitates communication between the caller and others connected to the issue;
  • Supports the caller in developing a plan of action to address the issue;
  • Educates the caller on VA resources so s/he can make an informed decision;
  • Refers callers to subject matter experts, when necessary, to address their issues; and
  • Follows up with the caller to ensure the purpose of the call was effectively addressed.
What issues can RSC specialists address?
  • RSC specialists are trained to assist callers in the following areas:
  • Anti-Harassment allegation process and requirements;
  • Human Resources and Administration’s (HRA) Transformation-21 Initiatives: ADVANCE, Wellness is Now (WIN), Worklife4U, VALU;
  • VA policies and procedures related to telework, the Family Medical Leave Act, performance management, etc.;
  • Training, internships, and job opportunities;
  • Veteran compensation and pension issues;
  • Information on Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP);
  • VA information on use of service animals;
  • Providing information on travel benefits;
  • Locating information on federally funded learning institutions;
  • Providing information regarding CHAMPUS (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services);
  • Educating on the role of the Patient Advocate and services provided by the Office of Patient Advocacy;
  • Reasonable Accommodation, Sexual Harassment, Hostile Work Environment, Reprisal;
  • Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaint processes and requirements; and
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes, including mediation, facilitation, and conflict coaching.
How can the RSC help me? RSC specialists can help you talk through a situation and discuss how mediation or facilitation could be used to resolve the issue(s). With your permission, the RSC can contact others able to assist in resolving the issue(s) such as EEO/ADR program managers, union officials, human resources specialists, management officials, etc.
When I call the RSC what can I expect? You can expect to have someone listen to your concerns neutrally and confidentially. The RSC specialist will ask you questions about your situation and help you figure out the best way to proceed by offering information and resources. The RSC specialist can point you to other resources and experts for assistance.
What happens if the RSC specialist cannot answer my question? For unanswered questions or unresolved issues, the RSC will engage the services of the appropriate subject matter expert. An employee may also pursue the issue through various avenues available such as the Office of Special Counsel, Merit Systems Protection Board, ORM, Department of Labor, Office of Personnel Management, the negotiated and administrative grievance procedures, ADR, and the Employee Assistance Program. The range of options is varied and issue-driven.
I am a homeless Veteran and need assistance obtaining employment. Where do I find that information? The RSC can research and locate your Vet Center to facilitate assignment to a case worker.
Can non-VA employees call the RSC? Veterans, applicants, federal and non-federal employees can call the RSC.
How can I contact the RSC, and what are the hours? To reach the RSC, call 1-888-566-3982 from 8 am - 4:30 pm in all time zones.


For more information, call the Resolution Support Center at (888) 56-NEW VA or (888) 566-3982.