Office of Resolution Management (ORM)
Meet the DAS
ORM promotes a healthy working environment through prevention, resolution, and processing of workplace disputes, including complaints of discrimination. We foster prevention by ensuring that managers and staff are educated on the elements of a healthy working environment. ORM has resolution experts who promote and deliver alternative dispute resolution techniques for all workplace disputes, including alleged equal employment opportunity (EEO) discrimination. In cases where resolution cannot be reached informally, ORM processes complaints of EEO discrimination in a timely and proficient manner.
- How to File an EEO Complaint »
- Dissatisfaction with the EEO Complaint Process »
- Subsequent EEO Complaints »
- Breach of a Settlement Agreement »
- What to do when you are not sure what to do »
The External Complaints ProgramThe Office of Resolution Management (ORM) is VA's liaison with the Department of Justice (DOJ) for addressing issues of discrimination in federal programs and activities. Through the External Complaints Program, civil rights discrimination complaints may be filed against VA under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other similar statutes, such as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and various Presidential Executive Orders.
- Title VI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
- Age Discrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- Section 504 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance or under any program or activity conducted by any Executive agency.
Veterans or other individuals that have experienced such discrimination in Federal programs conducted or funded by VA should contact the External Complaints Program at (888) 566-3982, Option 4. Please be advised that the External Complaints Program and its purview does not apply to current or former federal employees (including those employees who have Veterans status) nor prospective federal employment applicants. Those and all other Issues involving employment discrimination and harassment can be addressed by contacting (888) 566 –3982, and selecting Options 1, 2, & 3.
Whistleblower Protection Program For Federal Employees
The Whistleblower Protection Program ensures that employees and applicants who disclose allegations of serious wrongdoing or gross mismanagement are free from fear of reprisal for their disclosures.
The Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman provides education about protections for current or former VA employees who make protected disclosures.
For more information, visit VA’s Office of Inspector General website: