Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Office of Research Oversight

Quick Links
Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

Do you have a research compliance-related question for ORO?

VETERANS, FAMILIES OF VETERANS, RESEARCH SUBJECTS:  If you are unsure about who to contact about your RESEARCH compliance-related question, you may call 202-632-7620 to speak to an ORO staff member.  If you are calling with a concern or a complaint about VA RESEARCH you may also call our toll free complaint line at 1-833-986-1323.

For VA HEATHCARE questions or concerns, please call 1-800-MyVA411 (1-800-698-2411).

Email provides a way to communicate easily and effectively with ORO workgroups.  Email supplements, but does not replace, other modes of communicating with ORO, such as telephone  calls, emails to individual ORO staff, etc.  Use the following links to communicate with ORO about:

Human Research Protection Program (HRPP):

Research and Development Committee (R&DC) Program:

Research Safety and Animal Welfare (RSAW) Program:

Research Information Security Practices (RISP):

Policy and Education (P&E) including changes in Research Compliance Officers:

Research Misconduct:

Human Research Program changes: 

Changes in Federalwide Assurance (FWAs), IRB membership, and IRB MOU issues