Pain and the COVID-19 Virus
Concerns about COVID-19 can be stressful for many people. It’s not surprising that chronic pain is worse when people feel anxious. Let VA help. We have answers to your questions about what the VA is doing, how you can protect yourself, and what to do if you want to see your health care provider.
Click this link for the most current information from VA about COVID-19: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/index.asp.
What Veterans need to know: click for more information.
Stay Up to Date on COVID-19!
- VHA website that includes list of affected cases at all facilities: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/index.asp
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)* for the latest coronavirus information. CDC COVID-19 Guidance*
- Non-Pharm Pain Resources (PDF) - to help people especially during the COVID crisis
- VA Advantage Point Blog - Category: Coronavirus
- Internal VA - VHA page for COVID-19 updates - VHA High Consequence Infection (HCI) Preparedness Program SharePoint
- Internal VA - VA Insider – Employee COVID-19 Page
- VA COVID Coach app is an education and self-care tool. Link to mobile app site.
Do you need information on how to establish your telehealth clinic?
- Internal VA - VVC/Telehealth how to - https://vaww.telehealth.va.gov/pgm/vcm/index.asp
If you have questions or suggestions for pain-related resources, please send an email to VHA Pain Management Webmaster Group. Questions about personal care should be directed to the local VA facility.