Post-9/11 Transition and Case Management
Post-9/11 Military2VA (M2VA) Case Management Program
Every VA medical center has a specialized Post-9/11 Military2VA (M2VA) team ready to welcome you as you transition from service member to Veteran. Your Post-9/11 M2VA team will assist you, your family, and caregivers in navigating the VA health care system and support you in achieving your health and wellness goals.
Often when service members leave the military, they find difficulty with sense of identity, financial strain, employment/education barriers, relationship changes, mental/emotional wellness, and physical limitations as a result of their time in the military. Your Post-9/11 M2VA team is trained in addressing the unique needs of reintegrating service members and Post-9/11 era Veterans and will be there to support you. Post-9/11 M2VA team members are ready to assist with what matters most to you—from accessing care and resources to developing personalized goals for your care and navigating benefits.
- Collaborate with DoD and community partners to facilitate your transition to the VA health care system
- Educate you on VA eligibility, benefits and services.
- Provide transition and reintegration assistance.
- Apply a holistic approach to care planning including integration of Whole Health. Whole Health Home (va.gov)
- Facilitate a transition of care in the event of relocation to another VA facility.
- Educate and outreach to DoD and community partners on the VA system and challenges unique to Post-9/11 era Veterans.