Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Graphic for the Veterans Crisis Line. It reads Veterans Cris Lins 1 800 273 8255 press 1
My healthevet badge

Office of Tribal Government Relations

VA and Seminole Nation of Oklahoma Sign MOU for Home Loans to Veterans

On Feb. 5, leaders of the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) so eligible Native American Veterans and their spouses have the opportunity to use their VA home loan guaranty benefit on Federal trust land.

By statute, before VA may make a loan to a Native American Veteran desiring to build or renovate a home on tribal land, the Veteran’s tribal sovereign governing body must enter into a MOU with VA.

Native American Veterans eligible for VA home loan benefits and whose sovereign governments have signed a MOU may then apply directly to VA for a 30-year fixed rate loan to purchase, build, or improve a home located on Federal trust land. They may also refinance a direct loan already made under this program to lower their interest rate. If the property is not located on Federal trust land, the Veteran can use the traditional VA-guaranteed Home Loan program. Call toll free 1-800-827-1000 or visit for more information about the Native American Direct Home Loan Program (NADL).

Connect with us

Subscribe to Receive
Email Updates
  • Benefits:
  • Health Care:
    1-877-222-VETS (8387)
  • VA Inspector General: 1-800-488-8244
  • Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 Press 1


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Blog
  • Youtube
  • Flickr