VHA Office of Emergency Management
VHA Office of Emergency Management: Guidance from Other Agencies and Organizations
Below are links to emergency management reference materials from other Federal and State agencies and other organizations:
- Department of DefenseÂ
- Department of Health and Human ServicesÂ
- Executive OrderÂ
- Federal Emergency Management AgencyÂ
- Occupational Safety and HealthÂ
- Other OrganizationsÂ
- Strategic National Stockpile CoordinationÂ (121 KB, PDF)
Letter instructing Strategic National Stockpile Coordinators to include VA facilities in their strategic national stockpile distribution plans
- HIPAA Privacy and Disclosures in Emergency Situations*Â (32 KB, PDF)
Information on privacy and disclosure of individually identifiable health information during an emergency under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)*
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)*
Standardized, comprehensive framework to help government offices, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and the private sector to work together to manage emergencies
- National Response Framework*
Comprehensive, national, all-hazards approach to responding to incidents in the U.S.
- Federal Continuity Directive 01* (1.87 MB, PDF)
- Federal Continuity Directive 02* (1.35 MB, PDF)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600 - Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs (2010)*â€ (767 KB, PDF)
Common set of criteria that sets a foundation for disaster management, emergency management, and business continuity programs.
- Mass Fatality Incident Management: Guidance for Hospitals and Other Healthcare Entities - LA County, August 2008* (432 KB, PDF)
Guidance, forms, and checklists for health care facilities to use during a mass or multi-fatality incident
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.
â€ VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked Web site.