VHA Office of Emergency Management
VHA Office of Emergency Management: Guidance from Other Agencies and Organizations
Below are links to emergency management reference materials from other Federal and State agencies and other organizations:
- Department of Defense
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Executive Order
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Other Organizations
- Strategic National Stockpile Coordination (121 KB, PDF)
Letter instructing Strategic National Stockpile Coordinators to include VA facilities in their strategic national stockpile distribution plans
- HIPAA Privacy and Disclosures in Emergency Situations* (32 KB, PDF)
Information on privacy and disclosure of individually identifiable health information during an emergency under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)*
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)*
Standardized, comprehensive framework to help government offices, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and the private sector to work together to manage emergencies
- National Response Framework*
Comprehensive, national, all-hazards approach to responding to incidents in the U.S.
- Federal Continuity Directive 01* (1.87 MB, PDF)
- Federal Continuity Directive 02* (1.35 MB, PDF)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600 - Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs (2010)*†(767 KB, PDF)
Common set of criteria that sets a foundation for disaster management, emergency management, and business continuity programs.
- Mass Fatality Incident Management: Guidance for Hospitals and Other Healthcare Entities - LA County, August 2008* (432 KB, PDF)
Guidance, forms, and checklists for health care facilities to use during a mass or multi-fatality incident
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.
†VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked Web site.