Veterans Health Information Exchange (VHIE)
Share My VA Health Records
Notice: The VA Health Information Exchange Authorization Form, VA Form 10-0485 expiration date is being extended from 5 to 10 years. After December 15th, once a Veteran signs the VA Form 10-0485 Authorization Form, VA will be able to share health information with their participating community care providers for a period of 10 years instead of 5 years.
You can Connect Your Docs online through eBenefits.
Here’s how to sign up today to begin sharing your health records:
- To get started, go to https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- Log in.
- Go to Manage Your Health (bottom of the page).
- Select VA Health Record Sharing.
- Select Login to Manage My Consent (Authorizations) and Preferences and then select Start Consent (Authorization).
- Accept the terms and conditions (you must click Yes to continue), then select Save and Continue.
- Mark the box and select Sign. You will then be prompted to re-enter your username and password.
- Finally, click Reauthenticate. (This next step may take a couple of minutes to process.)
To learn more about Premium eBenefits accounts, click here:
Once you have completed these steps, VA will be able to share your health data with participating community care providers that are part of the VA Health Information Exchange to better coordinate your care.
- Download and print the VA consent (authorization) form (VA Form 10-0485).
- Mail it to “Release of Information Office” at your local VAMC
- Visit the Release of Information (ROI) Office at your local VAMC.
- Ask for and complete the VA consent (authorization) form (VA Form 10-0485).
- Give the form to a member of the ROI office staff.
If at any time you wish to stop sharing your records, visit your local VA medical center’s Release of Information Office and ask for a “stop sharing” form (VA Form 10-0484) or call the toll-free VHIE Information line at 1-877-771-8537) to request a “stop sharing” form.
You can also go online to opt out by following the steps below.
- Log into https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- Click Manage Health
- Scroll down the page and click VA Health Record Sharing
- Click Manage My Consent (Authorizations) and Preferences
- Click Revoke Consent (Authorization)